Thread: Talk to the Team: Healer

Hybrid View

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

how about a silence spell, to stop enemies from casting, can even work on stun/mez immune mobs. since it doesn't stop them from fighting. but will temporarily stop them them from casting certain attacks and heals. would be useful against Myloc Queen, Daknor and Faffy.

would be very similar to sorcerers ability to spellbind. can be used to stop blighted clerics from healing mobs that a healer or cleric is trying to kill.. that is so annoying

get a mob down 1/2 and a blighted cleric heals it back to full, and constantly heals after. almost impossible for some ppl to kill the mob their fighting. make it masterable like spellbind ability also. so can be used by some other classes, just as spellbind can be used.

can be spell or ability, or both. same timers as spellbind and numbing haze.
    Last edited by Merrik; April 29th, 2012 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    how about a silence spell, to stop enemies from casting
    I love this idea. Could have single target and aoe on enemies, like dispirit foe(s) works: "Silence foe(s)" (or perhaps "Mute Foe(s)", since we'd still hear other sound effects like cries of pain when enemies get hit).

Another thought is some sort of heal-over-time spell, like the pain/damage is drained into the ground: "Drain Wounds" or "Grounded Damage". Alternatively, this could reduce the amount of damage initially taken.

More than that, though, I really believe healers should have spells to damage undead targets, undoing the abomination that mocks the life energies with which healers work.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I love this idea. Could have single target and aoe on enemies, like dispirit foe(s) works: "Silence foe(s)" (or perhaps "Mute Foe(s)", since we'd still hear other sound effects like cries of pain when enemies get hit).

Another thought is some sort of heal-over-time spell, like the pain/damage is drained into the ground: "Drain Wounds" or "Grounded Damage". Alternatively, this could reduce the amount of damage initially taken.

More than that, though, I really believe healers should have spells to damage undead targets, undoing the abomination that mocks the life energies with which healers work.
    Agreed, but should also apply to paladin school. original designs of Paladins in early games were designed to fight/protect against undead. and also aid healers in combat

This could apply to both threads about healer and paladins

A lot of good arguments to read here. In my opinion it wouldn't hurt to give healers a life damage spell line and maybe something like a CoT. But don't make them too strong.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I agree completely with the idea of life spell or spells given to the healer that do good damage to undead (perhaps with a minor yet pesky debuff), but not to anything else. I am somewhat skeptical about a lifebolt that would damage all foes equally. I think that kind of offense moves away from the philosophy behind the healer school, and would ultimately make the healer almost a "default first biped school!" Honestly, healer is already closer to that than I really like for anyone planning on having multiple adventure classes at 100.... And yes, for those about to object to my opinions, my main biped has 100 healer. It would be a royal pain to level as a solo first class all the way to 100 before multiclassing... but if you choose to do so, that's your own darn fault hehe. Raising one other class in step with healer isn't very hard, and eliminates most of the potential aggravation.

Reading through these responses it sounds like the majority of folks would like Healers to be more focused on Healing as well as perhaps debuff-mitigation. No need to add combat abilities as you can multi-school for that. Thanks for the feedback on this, folks. Definitely gives me some interesting ideas.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

For a healer to even really stand on their own does require generally 3 other lv 100 adventure schools. commonly used probly would be druid, spiritist and warrior. Warrior for both the needed health, armor use, shield and melee weapon skills. Spiritist fro the spirit and blight spells. Druid for the nature based spells. The mystic blaze i think could use a reduction in the recycle time. the other thing i mentioned previously is the masteries like healing master the 0 - 45. if a healer is really meant to just healing then the masteries i think should give a better bonus of like 10 to 45 increase. The healers defencsive buff is only effective against undead and since undead tech comp hunting was more or less removed the illustiious stand is no longer needed.

Thread Information