Thread: Hi, new to istaria.

Default Hi, new to istaria.

I joined and started playing on the 9th, and had a few graphics problems but they are all fixed now.
    Anyway, this game is verrrry addicting.

And I have a question. I managed to create 2 non human characters on my account, but I have a free membership. Is the account type page wrong, or what?

Default Re: Hi, new to istaria.

I believe you are currently on the free 2-week trial. If you want to play indefinitely for free, you can only have a single human character. Once you created a non-human character, your account would have changed to the 2-week trial. I believe you can file a support ticket (https://support.istaria.com/) for further information about your options at this point, but if you want to keep playing the non-human characters after the 2 weeks is up, you will have to subscribe.

Oh. Well, it didn't notify me of this trial, shouldn't it of done?

Nope It states clearly on the billing page that Demo accounts are Human only. and Creation of non humanoid races must be dealt with accordingly. The most friendliest way is to simply give you a 2 week trial, be happy about that, if it where Blizzard your account would be terminated .

Putting that aside Welcome to Istaria,

where do you play on Chaos or Order ?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I'm playing on Chaos.

And i'm pretty sure I saw someone who was an adult dragon, and had no membership.

Then there pulling your tail scale little one. You can use this exploit But the devs go throw each week during maintenance and see who dose what. The devs are human throw, so if he is not caught... he will be and again if he is an adult dragon i think he has used his 2 week trial so they mite just lock up his account.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Oh.

If i were to get say, a 1 month sub, then when its finished, will i not be able to play as a dragon, even though i did have a sub?

It is quite possible to get to adulthood in under two weeks. Granted most often these people have friends who are already well established in the game. A sufficiently detirmined person, with alot of time on their hands, could probably reach adulthood in just under a week. I even created a trial account once, just to see if I could pl myself to adulthood, I ascended my trial hatchling on day 11 as I recall.

As to being an exploit, the game will automatically switch you to a two week trial if you choose anything but a human. Sadly the game doesnt make any distinction between the different types of accounts - when it comes ot character creation that is. It would be nice if the system would recognize when a player with a free account has picked a non-human and fire off an email warning them. Would probably save many a new player a head ache. Or just blocked the player from making anything but a human.

Edit:Posted before I finished :P

On a one month sub you'd be able to play any race you want until the month was up. The only way you'd be able to go back to a free (1 human) sub is if you created it as a seperate account (Meaning different username)

So if my free trial ends, and i get a sub, I'll only be able to play as the dragon while the sub is on? That seems a bit unfair..

not getting you there, lemme lay it down lol

free=human only, make a non-human char-> turns into 14 day trail
    14 day trial= anything (except plot/lair) for 14 days
    sub (doesnt matter what kind)= anything (plot/lair only for gifted sub) for as long as you pay

Yes, so when my sub ends, if i had a dragon and a lair, i would lose them?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

if you have a plot/lair and your sub ends, your property will become subject to reclaim.
    so it is a good idea not to think about a plot if you aren't in the game longterm, my thinking anyway......
    cause if the only thing holding you here is a plot, that prolly means you aren't having fun.
    a plot should extend game fun, not a chore - so try to remember to factor that in when deciding if you want a plot or not.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

If you are not paying your account and your sub ends. Chances are within a few months the Lair will be put back out into the market for sell.. BUT, Thats when i was playing at the time I don't know if things have changed, These guys can tell you more then me, but thats coming from my own experiance. No you will not loose your dragon if your 14 Day trail ends. The account will be closed untill you add another Subscription to your account. Human races are the only race currently that you can play, people who try to get away from playing any race beyond their free account and passed the 14 day trail. The Devs will catch you so I wouldn't recommand that.

The Ice Queen has Awaken!http://dragcave.net/user/Carsia

So you lose lairs if you lose a sub, what about the ability to play as your dragon (not create them)

I think that if the account has characters requiring a sub to play and you do not have a sub, that the account gets locked. I'm not really sure, though; it is best to ask support (https://support.istaria.com/) for the details.

I will ask support.
    Such a shame though, since Istaria is a fantastic game.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

don't want to start anything here, but i do have a question....
    what is the shame? the part about losing a plot/lair when you lose your sub?
    i don't think so, that is only good economics....
    real estate is a prime draw to istaria (not too many game offer player real estate, certainly not to the extent horizons does), and if all your most excellent assets are not being used, that is money being lost.
    if you can't pay for a sub, there should be no expectation of access to prime advantages others pay for, is my thinking anyway.

i, personally, hold no expectations that my plots or alt names would be held indefinately in case i return to the game. for a game of istaria's size, that just would not be realistic in any way.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

A few points of clarification here as it seems many are confused (both old players and new)

1) It is not an exploit to create a character other than a human on a Free Access account. Nor is it an exploit to create more than one character on a Free Access account. This is both allowed and accepted behavior, as we want those who had originally chosen to play with a single human character but fell in love with Istaria to be able to continue to play other races, multiple characters, or perhaps purchase a plot, without having to create a new account or risk the loss of the character they started with.

2) When someone does create a non-human character, or second character, on their account, that account is automatically converted to one which requires a subscription in order to continue to play. The account owner can, at that time, decide if they want a Basic Access (which will give them continued access to the game account for a single month) or a Basic Subscription, or if they want to upgrade to where they can own a plot.

3) A Free Access account is just like any other account in that so long as you continue to abide by the terms of service for your account type, you can continue to play. The only difference between a Free Access account and any other is that with a Free Access account, the terms you are agreeing to is that you'll play a single human character.

I appreciate that players have tried to help Kurokiryu understand the different account types. I would ask, though, that players please refer to our website for the different access types. http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/subscriptions If there is something on that page which is unclear or causing confusion, we need to rework it so that it is clearer.

If you don't pay, you don't play.

Lets say you payed for a sub today hypothetically. It is only a one month sub which lasts from today (looks at calendar) September 14 and therefore will end on October 14. Now, during this period you can play whatever character you choose. Be it dragon, saris, fiend, etc etc. We'll assume it is a dragon in this pretend situation.

For argument sake, lets pretend you payed for a subscription which allows you to a own a plot for the month (as in "plot holder"). So now you have a dragon....and a plot.

You level your dragon, you build your plot. Fast foreward ahead. It is now October 14 and you did not renew your subscription to play.

When you try to login game, the game will send you a message that you cannot login because you have no active subscription. Therefore you cannot play your dragon.

Now, if you choose to not pay for another subscription AFTER a month has pass since your account has expired, the plot you had will be reclaimed and sold back to community. You lose your plot, it isn't your anymore... basically. So if you want to keep the plot, you would have to pay before that time. So in this "pretend" situation that would be approximately before Novermber 14 (a month later).

And yes, you will recieve warnings to renew your subscription or risk losing your plot via e-mail.

As for your dragon, while you will NOT be able to play it without an active sub, your character will never be deleted (unless you choose to). So say you don't have any money now and decide to leave for a few years.
    A few years pass and you decided to come back, and reopen your old account. You pay for the sub. You will find that your dragon will still be there and you will then be able to play your dragon again. Only after you have an active subscription will you be able to play your dragon.

If you want to play for free indefinitely, you can ONLY play 1 human character and you cannot owned a plot of land or lair. Period.

Simple version that I think will answer all questions:
    Want a dragon?-pay
    Want a plot?-pay
    Want to log two character at the same time?-pay
    Want to play as a differnet race OTHER than human?-pay
    Want to have more than one character (slot)?-pay
    Want to continue playing after subscription expires?-pay

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Thread Information