Thread: Character Sellect Screen

Default Character Sellect Screen

I've read a few of the suggestions at the top of the forums and they all have there merits. Some I like some I don't but I'd rather see a game mechanic changed before class balancing, mob changing, or ability tweeking.

I'd like to see a character sellect screen put in. One were you can see your toons and select the desired one or have the option to create a new one. A system were you don't have to totally exit the game to switch characters. The current system of totally exitting the game to switch toons is cumbersome and the current character creation method is a pain.

The character creation is very pretty and very unique but once in I have yet to see a way out unless you actually make a toon or ctrl+alt+del and force it down. Please correct me if I'm wrong here (odds are it's right in front of me and I'm missing it).

Any who, I think if the players weren't forced to dump the game every time they wanted to swap toons it would make the game a little more user friendly and that's my 2c worth.
    Nobility is not in your blood but in your actions.
    Woushi - Blight
    Dael Trykk - Blight

Default Re: Character Sellect Screen

well, this aint WoW. you know how much info has to go through so you can play the game? first, you gotta load up the player stats and general info(what is in his/her pack, and vault, and then Plot if any), and THEN you have to load up the land he/she is around, and not to mention the different servers your characters might be on. a character select screen is a pretty that, to be honest, we REALLY don't need right now. we need to get the game fixed first before anything comes into play like a character select screen.

Just loading a snapshot of how your character looks (appearance and current equipment) doesn't take too terribly much data. The difficult part here is all the programming that needs to happen for this to become a reality. I believe this is somewhere down on some todo list somewhere, but I wouldn't expect it to happen anytime soon, I'm afraid.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Yea it would be nice to mod the current hall way to have your toons on the right and new toons on the left and have it be a "zone" you can portal to to from in game would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    well, this aint WoW. you know how much info has to go through so you can play the game? first, you gotta load up the player stats and general info(what is in his/her pack, and vault, and then Plot if any), and THEN you have to load up the land he/she is around, and not to mention the different servers your characters might be on. a character select screen is a pretty that, to be honest, we REALLY don't need right now. we need to get the game fixed first before anything comes into play like a character select screen.
    Dang, bitter against WoW much?

Besides, a character select screen doesn't require much at all. It's only after you select a given toon that all the rest loads up. I've played quite a few MMO's and they all had character select screens, this one is the exception to the rule.

I'll revert to the forum title... "Suggestions" ... that's what I made. I know there's a huge "to do" list but really a "I like the idea" or a "I don't like the idea" would have sufficed. This thread doesn't deal with nor was it intended to deal with other issues, just the one suggestion.
    Nobility is not in your blood but in your actions.
    Woushi - Blight
    Dael Trykk - Blight

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaked View Post
    The character creation is very pretty and very unique but once in I have yet to see a way out unless you actually make a toon or ctrl+alt+del and force it down. Please correct me if I'm wrong here (odds are it's right in front of me and I'm missing it).
    Actually, unlike some other games I've seen, I do believe no matter where you are in HZ, [ALT]-[F4] allways works to close the program, like most other windows programs.

I do think it'd be nice to have a menu option that allowed switching to an alternate character without logging completely out of the game and back. Maybe just saving character settings/logs and coming back without rechecking all the files? Not a big issue for me (though I'd probably play my hatchling more if switching back and forth were easier), just a nice thought.

I must admit, if I had a whole load of characters which I don't really, it would be nice to be able to switch without a total exit. However, I relog fairly frequently so I would count a character change as another relog.

Plus, even with 1gb ram, I've noticed that once the game has run once everything is still in ram so it loads again pretty quick.

And Alt-f4 is the keyboard shortcut to exit a program and as long as it hasn't stopped responding it should work.

Rakku

Thread Information