Thread: Top 10 list for the devs.

Default Top 10 list for the devs.

Not sure if the wil help or not I been on many mmorpg's this was a great thing to help dev on many of mmorgp's. I know there was alot of lack in the game in the past. this could be a project for the next few years.

list the top 10 things you want for the advancement of the game not more no less or I will delete it for imcomplete. it can range from bugs, add-ons, engine, graphics, sound.

1. bugs. (doing a great job so far.)
    2. more things for the races. plus dragon content is lacking and ned more things
    3. bandwidth (map loading is very slow. land, biulding, trees, should be client side. use the min for date tansfer.)
    4. graphic engine
    5. vault need to be larger about 10x
    6. tweak down the client mem usage. 4 gig ram and the client is hoging 3.6 gigs
    7. UI. ((need some work new map system will be very nice and tweak to run faster. Quests more detail on UI and more info. small map pic of the area.)
    8. emvioment effects. (weather, fogs, etc.)
    9. better venders
    10. forums (( it need a "Game Development Forum" for the dev to talk about there plan or ideas for the game with the plays. "Technology" place to talk about the tech that can go into the game.))

Default Re: Top 10 list for the devs.

Agree with more than a few of those.

However, i disagree with any need for 4 as compared to any game out there currently or soon to debut. HZ has by far the most bank/vault slots i've seen (well, definitely with all the upgrades).

Same goes for 7 with regard to run speed. This game's run speed, especially with ability/potion/spell boosts and the road bonus is awesome compared to any other game out there. In some cases, with all the speed boosts, and road bonus, you can compare to the speed of being mounted in other games.
    Ssinti Chaos Shard Horizons
    70 Druid WoW Emerald Dream
    Sinti 12 Cleric DDO Online
    Sintiel 50 LM LOTRO

I have to disagree with the need for 10. A "Game Development" Forum will either a) never be used, causing disappointment, upset, and rage on the part of the forum-goers, or b) be a place where the devs talk about the ideas they have, their hopes for the future, and tentative plans... which the readers will then take as iron-clad promises, and when they are cancelled, quietly never show up, or see daylight in a different form, will cause disappointment, upset and rage among the forum-goers.

So, you can see that nothing good will come of it, unless you like watching people vent their spleen on undeserving targets. I've been here a while, and lurked around forums on other MMOs, and as far as I can tell, it's nearly universal. The devs and manager-types have learned through long, hard, and painful experience not to talk about future plans until they hit Blight. It's not worth the grief. If you think this is unreasonable, think again. Then go read through the archives and listen to people moan, whine and carry on about "broken promises" when no such promises were made.

Sorry about descending into rant-ish territory, but this is one of my pet-peeves/dissapointments, that the developers have had to forgo these sneak-peeks because of that juvenile behavior. If I'd wielded the ban-stick, the jerks doing the whining about broken promises would have been banned so fast they'd think I had a time machine.
    Danna Firesoul
    Magic Knight, Order of the Crimson Flame
    Mad Tinker of the Company of the Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Digita View Post
    Agree with more than a few of those.

However, i disagree with any need for 4 as compared to any game out there currently or soon to debut. HZ has by far the most bank/vault slots i've seen (well, definitely with all the upgrades).

Same goes for 7 with regard to run speed. This game's run speed, especially with ability/potion/spell boosts and the road bonus is awesome compared to any other game out there. In some cases, with all the speed boosts, and road bonus, you can compare to the speed of being mounted in other games.
    When he says "Run Speed", I think he's talking about Frames Per Second, and not character movement in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by ishmair View Post
    1. bugs. (doing a great job so far.)
    Yes, they are doing a great job, but let's hope they don't ever stop fixing bugs...

2. more things for the races. plus dragon content is lacking and ned more things
    Dragon content is lacking? Actually, I'd say that Biped content is more lacking in a way. Dragons get quests every 10 levels, a whole slew of quests. Many biped schools have no quests, no anything for entire tiers.

What dragons DO need, though, is more spells. For being magical creatures, their line of spells is.... lack-luster.

3. bandwidth (map loading is very slow. land, biulding, trees, should be client side. use the min for date tansfer.)
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean here, by "Map Loading". All of these files are stored client-side, the server just sends info about the surrounding terrain, and the client paints these objects in the world. Basically, you get a .txt file (ever looked in the world cache directory?), that tells the client "there's a mountain over there, a building over there", etc and the client paints it all.

4. graphic engine
    They already have a fairly large update to this on Blight now, and I tested it a bit, and saw a 10-15 FPS increase in most areas. I hope they push it to Live here sometime soon.

5. vault need to be larger about 10x
    I dunno about 10x, but the price one has to pay for the current upgrades is a bit steep.

6. tweak down the client mem usage. 4 gig ram and the client is hoging 3.6 gigs
    Easier said than done.

7. UI. ((need some work new map system will be very nice and tweak to run faster. Quests more detail on UI and more info. small map pic of the area.)
    ....???? This doesn't even make sense.

8. emvioment effects. (weather, fogs, etc.)
    They need to fix the graphics system way before they even try adding some of this. We get dirt low FPS numbers now, what it would it be like when the game attempts to do rain?

9. better venders
    YES! I hate having to level crafts above my adventure schools, or, beg other crafters for junk (and not be able to give anything in return). I'm not asking for uber teched gear, but they could at least sell basic gear for a reasonable price. That way, I'm not finding myself levelling, at minimum, 2-5 craft schools just to outfit my character.

10. forums (( it need a "Game Development Forum" for the dev to talk about there plan or ideas for the game with the plays. "Technology" place to talk about the tech that can go into the game.))
    I do believe this has already been answered...

I don't know about changing the most detailed and flexible default MMO map system.
    LotRO and WoW both give my system more trouble and can do less without mods.

Vault is much more flexible and roomy than other systems I've seen as well.

But a good chunk of the rest I'm sure is on the "to-do" list.

What we DO need, as far as Maps go, is an UPDATE.

Currently, the Map does not show the Blighted Area near the Swamps, and other such major world changes.

*remembers when there was no map*

torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Wink Re: Top 10 list for the devs.

Things I would like to see are:

Continued storyline
    - new events => Attack the WA!

More dragon adventure schools
    - lets have some prestige schools in spellcasting=> This will also make Helians happy after the recent spell changes
    - What about dragon breathmaster? More breath weapons to choose from with more damage and different affects eg. stunning.
    (please note that these are not my ideas and have already been thought of by others. I just think they are a good idea)

Dynamic flight and aerial combat would be awesome. However I understand that it would be difficult on the programming side, so understand if it's not possible.

Dragon hoard chambers for the lair- We have to have somewhere to keep all our shinies....

Love some of the new quests you have made- eg. Sslanis stuff. Keep it coming!

Thread Information