Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a new chamber, and ideas for an existing one

Default a new chamber, and ideas for an existing one

Aslong as I have known dragons and the stories and myths around them, I always remember them sleeping on top of their gold hoard. Seriously, where else would a dragon want to sleep ? Hoard chambers should give dragons just enough room to comfortly stretch on those large hives of gold, instead of having them locked up the way it is now.

That new chamber I mentioned would be just as the hoard chamber is now, which means purely decorative without any deeper sense to it. What about a hatching chamber ? A warm cosy place with a nest and some partly empty egg shells in it Ild find that a really cute thing to have in a lair.

Default Re: a new chamber, and ideas for an existing one

ooooh yeah more decorative stuff for dragons :3

sounds great to me, Ivy

hehhe I often call my tier 1 silo chambers "hatchie lairs" cuz they are a perfect size..

but of course I'd MUCH rather have your idea .

As for the hoarde chamber - heck yea!! Actually I'd be fine with just adding gold/sheild/armor/sword mesh pile in our libraries as the "hoard room" - it wouldn't store any more stuff than your library would - but it could also serve as the treasuire room.

But then I treasure books as much as any other hoarde item - dragon and in OOC .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

well, if you want your stuff lieing around the library .. sounds a tad messy Imagine you sleeping in the library then, and igniting the books while snoring !

Nice idea.

One thing that's always bothered me a bit is that, although we have lots of young dragons, we NEVER see a dragon egg. It would be cool to have some sort of indicator from where we all come. If not in a lair then perhaps rooms in Dralk and Chiconis.

A hatching area in the dragon cities could also serve as a starting point for quests (monsters stealing eggs, threats to the eggs, chores for very young hatchling dragons...)

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax View Post
    Nice idea.

One thing that's always bothered me a bit is that, although we have lots of young dragons, we NEVER see a dragon egg. It would be cool to have some sort of indicator from where we all come. If not in a lair then perhaps rooms in Dralk and Chiconis.

A hatching area in the dragon cities could also serve as a starting point for quests (monsters stealing eggs, threats to the eggs, chores for very young hatchling dragons...)
    A friend of mine mentioned this on vent:

"So... adults can transform into bipeds? Why can't hatchlings turn into eggs? Would be a nice RP idea..."

LOL!

actually that would mean, weld have to start out as an egg in someones lair chamber and dearly hope someone might sit on us so we can hatch ? The first quest could be hitting the eggshell hard enough to make it break open.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Naaah. First you have the eggs laid, then surround them with stones and combustable materials, then you light it and keep the eggs constantly warm, with the stones providing constant, even heating. the whole thing would look similar to the shrines inside biped guildhalls, except the flame is on the outside of the column, not the inside.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Tagath knows, what`s all about:-)

speaking of experience, probably.. Iam all jealous !

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax View Post
    Nice idea.

It strikes me as something that could possibly be added to the beginning hatchie island (the specific name eludes me at the moment)

Instead of having a shrine to recall to, have a nest, in a cave. You create a dragon character then that dragon will spawn at the nest, there will be broken eggshells all about and a few unbroken eggs. It will then be assumed you've just hatched and you continue with the beginning quests as normal!

The modeling and texturing for such a thing I wouldn't think would be terribly difficult, though the actual integration I would imagine might be difficult, especially when the database people are currently working on more important matters.

Quote Originally Posted by WICKED_ZOEYGIRL View Post
    It strikes me as something that could possibly be added to the beginning hatchie island (the specific name eludes me at the moment)

Instead of having a shrine to recall to, have a nest, in a cave. You create a dragon character then that dragon will spawn at the nest, there will be broken eggshells all about and a few unbroken eggs. It will then be assumed you've just hatched and you continue with the beginning quests as normal!

The modeling and texturing for such a thing I wouldn't think would be terribly difficult, though the actual integration I would imagine might be difficult, especially when the database people are currently working on more important matters.
    Well, if I remember correctly, and please someone corrects me if I'm wrong, the Gift only reveals after the first death. So that means any gifted died once before waking on Skalkaar or Spirit isle ; thus a dragon do no hatch on Skalkaar.

You remember your lore correctly, Zexon. I'd have to check exactly where you learn that, it might be from the biped's on the starter island for them. But yes, Gifted don't know they are Gifted until they die the first time. Great way to find out who is and how isn't, huh?

Further, I think it's implied somewhere that becoming "Gifted" was a one time event tied to the Ritual of Everlasting Life, though no one knows for sure who was and who was not gifted at that time. But this is why NPC's can (and have) actually died, and even parents of Gifted can die.

I think, but this is really fuzzy so it could just be my head making it up, that dragons can not ascend to adulthood any longer unless they are Gifted. That's why newly gifted dragons are always "hatchlings".

Chur? the forum eat my post?

Anyways from what I've seen there's not really any mention that only Gifted can ascend. In fact the Lunus RoP quest giver even makes a snarky comment about how non-gifted hatchlings will frequently die if they fail any part of the RoP where as death isnt an issue with the Gifted. So it seems there may be some non-gifted hatchlings around but they are few and far between, and not likely to make it to adulthood.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Where do you think all the ghostly hatchlings come from on Draak, Lantua?

Very sad to think just how bent on genocide the dragon trainers actually are.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Where do you think all the ghostly hatchlings come from on Draak
    I thought Withered Aegis did a massive killing there? Or am I imagining that?

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I thought Withered Aegis did a massive killing there? Or am I imagining that?
    yep, but maybe some are non-gifted hatchlings who failed their rites

I was told that they were twisted forms of the Ageis that took on the form of those that had died there.

Or maybe it was just to get me to shut up, stop whining about not wanting to kill hatchling ghosties and get my Claw Mastery...

When it was explained by Rysom Stormbringer, It was just before the battle at tazoon that the ritual was complete and Istarians were coming back after death. However, even though Rysom was gifted, when he detonated the device to deal a decisive blow to the Withered Aegis, he was not killed, nor his body returned from dead. He is bound to spirit isle to welcome new gifted to the world and guide them.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information