Thread: Developer's Desk: Second Anniversary Edition Discussion

Default Developer's Desk: Second Anniversary Edition Discussion

Read our Developer's Desk Second Anniversary Edition.

Please use this thread for discussing.
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; September 11th, 2009 at 08:57 PM.

Default Re: Developer's Desk: Second Anniversary Edition Discussion

Year of the Dragon, Year of the Phoenix... I'm thinking we should keep to things in game, maybe player races - I'd've changed Phoenix to Dryad since they underwent rebirth and a dryad was key to the big explosion at Tazoon, so it's sort of like the firey death and rebirth.

In keeping with that, since both Rachival and the Observatory are undergoing change, how about the year of the Gnome next? Of course, I might be a little biased... ;-)

First, hearty congratulations!

Repeating a bit of the review (by principal beneficiaries) to set the stage:

Looking back, Dragons got a lot of much needed attention, not least the AROP and Lairs.

Crafters, all crafters, were helped by the cargo disk changes; a relatively simple and very effective way to improve their lot. And then there was the little matter of completing the cooking class. (Leading to cookie-cutter crafters?)

Lower level players of all persuasions have the new and improved Lesser Aradoth and now the Dalimond area upgrades, and the highest level players have the Dungeon of course.

So maybe the year of the Intrepid biped? A boon for the 50-90 adventurers' looonnnggg haul? The Islands of the Satyrs perhaps could be rationalized somewhat. The Islands of Fire and Ice are pretty bland... Trandalar too, for that matter. Kaa's spiral is something I'd really like to see overhauled; it was great fun once. What's happening at Feladan? And perhaps it's time to rezone and develop Rachival, the old observatory, (although the level there is a tad low), and the cloud-splitting Spiral Tower. A hidden passage under the Wedge could be a dungeonish sort of place, and allow opening the East...
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

HORRAY!! congrats to all ^^ happy anniversary i have loved this game ever since i started playing and its great to have so many friends online ^^ the team has done a fantastic job and the new ideas look even better *growls at the hampsters* keep working you furry rodents!! after all we all know they keep the game going :P :P :P i cant wait for the rewards stuff i often stop and stare at the phoenix shoulder pet!! it needs a home.. with me :P

hmm as for the year how bout.. Year of the Myloc :P (okay thats pry been tossed out there.. im no good at ideas :P ) but im sure it will be a great one ^^

and im looking forward to many more years here ^^

Year of the Dwarves. Since they are one of the core races associated to the dungeon. Them and Mylocs.

Year of the Heart. Galderos Heart(spelling), a powerful artifact, was re-discovered...

Hehe

Awdz you beat me to it (Year of the dragon )

but i am making like a Chinese zodiac of istaria its taken me some time and i still got much spelling errors and grammar errors to work out befor its ready but pleas bear with me while i tweak it

Oh and Congrats to the Dev team Keep up the great work and Continue what you have started !
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

If you want to stay with the "Year we Conquered Vista", you could try the Istaria flag triumphantly stuck in the Vista logo, though that may be a bit too strong.

Congratulations on your success, keep going strong!
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

And perhaps it's time to rezone and develop Rachival, the old observatory,
    Rachival was updated with Dralnok's Doom. You should go there sometime

The Observatory is part of the Dalimond Peninsula and part of the Tier2 storyline so it is part of the revamp.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Year of the Golem.

Our skin and core are solid. We endure with resilience, our ideals and goals unchanging and our strength unmatched. Only a handful of metal pieces are a golem. But these pieces, like only a few players, work together to form the body that moves and fights together as one. Big or small, they guard their ancestral home, forever ensuring more golems to rise again to replace another that had fallen.

Thumbs up Re: Developer's Desk: Second Anniversary Edition Discussion

I like it, RuneDragon!

Sent
    N.B.: I reserve the right to be wrong and exercise it frequently.
    AzureFire - Spiritist - Chaos
    Glormf Sulfurous - Hatchie - Chaos
    Ruddy Bloke - Reaver - Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Rachival was updated with Dralnok's Doom. You should go there sometime

The Observatory is part of the Dalimond Peninsula and part of the Tier2 storyline so it is part of the revamp.
    Ah, good to hear. I'm really glad some of the old potential assets are being used. I was last down observatory way 6 months?? ago, and Rachival a year? ago... delighted to learn that I'm out of date.

Now about that tower...
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'm glad we've been surviving and thriving. Obsidian Order has two returned members from long ago, and I believe it's been because of all the developments that have gone on listed in this anniversary issue.

As for a suggestion on the "Year of", I'd like to offer the "Year of Ascension." Now, dragons may find this little nod to their rites of ascension favorable, but the term ascension refers to so much more. We as a community are ascending to newer heights of activity, with the Doom's addition, the tier two revamp, and some of the other things added both in play and out. We've ascended past the restrictions of Vista. We've gone above expectations with subscriptions (after all, with the rock bottom of EI/PME/NGW, we had only up to go unless *shudders*), and those numbers are hopefully ascending. Community interactions in the channels has been rising with this increase in numbers because of all the questions on how to do things and such, which those of us who've been around have been happily answering.

Of course, it ties in with the Year of the Phoenix because, after a phoenix rises from it's own ashes, it ascends into the sky to be the beautiful bird it is.

It's another year to show that there is hope ever growing in Istaria.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

year of the queen

because horizons rulez!!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Year of the Dungpile

Cause Vista has been laid to rest in an appropriate location

Quote Originally Posted by Katscratch View Post
    Year of the Dungpile

lol, I like that one

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Year of the Dungpile

I cannot describe the array of laughter fits I just had reading this.

Year of the Dungpile

Thinking about it I decided that this would be better as a Retroactive Theme for previous 2 years. We should have a theme that relates to future of Istaria

Thread Information