Thread: Up drop rate

Default Up drop rate

one kill one comp/trophy. What i killed a flame beatle and it had no eye's

Default Re: Up drop rate

Quote Originally Posted by Peylor View Post
    Totally disagree with this. Making it too easy in game already with other changes. The drop rate was meant to be difficult and I hope it stays this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Totally disagree with this. Making it too easy in game already with other changes. The drop rate was meant to be difficult and I hope it stays this way.
    and who says the comp/trophy is in good enough state to be used as such? after all, you are damaging the creature you're hunting to kill it...unless you count the relevance of spiritist spells...but ah well, not everything makes sense here.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    and who says the comp/trophy is in good enough state to be used as such? after all, you are damaging the creature you're hunting to kill it...unless you count the relevance of spiritist spells...but ah well, not everything makes sense here.
    what does your post have to do with the OP or my post? hunting to kill, relevance of spiritist spells, making sense???? We are only talking about drop rates of comps and trophies and whether they should drop everytime or not.
    Last edited by Velea; April 9th, 2012 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    what does your post have to do with the OP or my post? hunting to kill, relevance of spiritist spells, making sense???? We are only talking about drop rates of comps and trophies and whether they should drop everytime or not.
    first of all, my post is relevant to the OP BECAUSE he states that mobs should drop stuff on every kill, I simply state that, if you kill a mob, you, in essence, damage it, now this is only from a roleplay/logical point of few, but to me it makes sense that if you, for example, damage an eye, that it isn't able to be used as a trophy/comp.

I was in no way offensive to your post so I am in fact offended by the way you replied, but that's just my 2 copper on how I feel you reacted (yes I know this is the internet, and so I shall shrug it off anyhow)
    Last edited by Velea; April 9th, 2012 at 09:07 PM.

Sorry, that makes it 1, way too easy to farm and 2, you don't get the 'huzzah' feeling when you get that 10th eye for whatever quest you need it for. There are some people who make a living off of trophy hunting for those that get too frustrated or are too lazy to do it on their own.

I would certainly argue that some mobs could use a tweak with certain items being dropped. But I would not extend that arguement to trophies.... Trophy drops are fair in my opinion, some drop good, some drop bad.. 81-86 needs a few more options imo.

Now tech comps, thats another story...

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

thats it, Shian
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I think all spiders should drop 15 eyes, 8 legs and 3 thoraxes each time!

YEAAH!!

In case you're wondering why I didn't post for or against...

It doesn't matter what we think.

Not saying VI doesn't listen.. buuutttt they have the plan for the game... We don't.

People post suggestions for the DEVs. No reason to get angry at each other and really no point to making comments.. maybe something constructive to support or.. read and move on.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Were you working on a quest? I think it would be helpful to clarify why this is troublesome for you.

I do like having something to loot from all my kills, but there will be a variety of things that may come up. I have been a little surprised that lately it seems maybe a quarter of my kills do not have anything to loot. Makes me wish raw resources were an drop instead of nothing again...but there's debatable sides with that too.

All good points id just like to see the drop rate up more/some. I just doing like have to spend all day/play time only having the time to hunt one tec comp cuss its a 6 to 1 drop rate or what ever the drop rates are. And as fare as the well you may have dmged the eye. if you can tell me a way to not do that that waould be awsome thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Were you working on a quest? I think it would be helpful to clarify why this is troublesome for you.

I do like having something to loot from all my kills, but there will be a variety of things that may come up. I have been a little surprised that lately it seems maybe a quarter of my kills do not have anything to loot. Makes me wish raw resources were an drop instead of nothing again...but there's debatable sides with that too.
    there is no one thing im talking about. but to give you one purple spider leg hair i kill 7 not one hair. and to the maybe you dmged it in combat i killed it with love so no way love can dmg hair

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Sorry, that makes it 1, way too easy to farm and 2, you don't get the 'huzzah' feeling when you get that 10th eye for whatever quest you need it for. There are some people who make a living off of trophy hunting for those that get too frustrated or are too lazy to do it on their own.
    your 1st point why would it matter if its eazt to farm? to your 2nd point comon realy the market for buying/selling comps id almost dead its too much of a pain in the but to farm no one wats to sell them. ok maybe not no one but VARY few do/will.

If we increased the trophy drops, then we'd have to nerf the XP and money gained from turning trophies in to compensate for the low drops.

Now, some mobs drop too infrequently, which greatly increases a player's tendencies to farm certain mobs for their trophies and not other mobs that drop less often; those could be tweaked so that they all drop about an equal chance.

Harder to kill mobs should drop trophies more often due to the extra challenge, but meh.

Some tech comps could be tweaked a little...

But if we had a trophy-per-kill drop, without tweaking the Xp or Money gains, then you'd get to 100 ludicrously fast... no, you'd have rating 260+ bipeds everywhere because it'd be ridiculously easy to farm the trophies to level them up.

Then, VI would have to balance everything around the assumption that all bipeds are rating 250+ and make everything "endgame" super-hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    If we increased the trophy drops, then we'd have to nerf the XP and money gained from turning trophies in to compensate for the low drops.

Now, some mobs drop too infrequently, which greatly increases a player's tendencies to farm certain mobs for their trophies and not other mobs that drop less often; those could be tweaked so that they all drop about an equal chance.

Harder to kill mobs should drop trophies more often due to the extra challenge, but meh.

Some tech comps could be tweaked a little...

But if we had a trophy-per-kill drop, without tweaking the Xp or Money gains, then you'd get to 100 ludicrously fast... no, you'd have rating 260+ bipeds everywhere because it'd be ridiculously easy to farm the trophies to level them up.

Then, VI would have to balance everything around the assumption that all bipeds are rating 250+ and make everything "endgame" super-hard.
    Your rite its a better idea to just have people spend hours and hours solo hunting trophys. not like this game is a MMO or anything. VI .... Do you realy thing thats coming anytime soon or ever Realy? I know im a crazy person and would like to feel like i did somthing farming for an hour or so but i still think the drop rates are to low. Or now hear me out..... lets make it useful to group hunt. i realyize addding quests to lvl people is tuff the time it takes to make quest lines im sure isnt eazy or quick. what is it 26? classes 100 lvl's a class 2600 lvl's wow lot of trophys. i know. No ones makeing you you dont have to lvl more then one rite. no one have to play at all. this is for fun rite. If you put the 2600 lvl's out there i just would like to see that reachable in a resonable amount of time. Amax lvl toon isnt GOD in this game so realy doesnt make you all that uber. thanks for reading I like this game and just would like to see some movement. Make me feel like i did somthing Thanks for reading

... purple spider leg hair i kill 7 not one hair...
    Now, that you bring this up i remember me hunting for t3 hatchling leg hairs in ND...
    OMG the drop rate was reeeeaaaaally - and i really mean it - really low.
    Like 1 for 20-30 kills or even worse.
    I even complained in the market or guild channel that apparently someone shaved all the spider hatchlings legs...

Also for ice beetle carapace (if im not mistaken) - the one used for cleanse III - their drop rate is really low not to mention they're in low numbers too.

So yes, maybe the drop rate for certain tech components should get under review.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

what is it 26? classes 100 lvl's a class 2600 lvl's wow lot of trophys. i know. No ones makeing you you dont have to lvl more then one rite. no one have to play at all. this is for fun rite. If you put the 2600 lvl's out there i just would like to see that reachable in a resonable amount of time. Amax lvl toon isnt GOD in this game so realy doesnt make you all that uber. thanks for reading I like this game and just would like to see some movement. Make me feel like i did somthing Thanks for reading
    Whats a reasonable time table to completely level 26 classes in your opinion? Whatever you answer.. Why not 2 months longer? or shorter? Why not a year? Why not have a trophy drop constantly?

I'm sure whatever your answer, it has little to do with logic. Ultimately you just want it to be easier so you can get there sooner. Jealousy is a powerful emotion. Seeing all those 278 rated toons running around; You want to be there too don't you? I know I wouldn't mind one thats for sure

There is no need to make this feat happen any faster or easier..
    Wouldn't be much of a hurdle imo.

Sure tweak the tech comps
    But don't tweak the trophy drops

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Thread Information