Thread: just throwing this out there for the devs

Default just throwing this out there for the devs

Hey devs,

I was reading through the FAQ under Suggestions, and found #7 Upgrade the graphics! They're too old!

From what is said in the answer, money is the main issue with say, working on a new engine (which is needed to really improve Istaria, that is clear).

For the devs to check out, I would like to provide this http://www.heroengine.com/.

As mentioned in the FAQ answer #7, this idea would be best for an Istaria 2.

Just wanted to throw this out there as an option to consider for the devs. It does not mean I would totally change the game into something else, just bring it up to current times and be rid of the current engines limitations.

Anyways, have a look. See what ya think and ponder the idea within the dev team.

Default Re: just throwing this out there for the devs

Quote Originally Posted by Cormyr View Post
    Hey devs,

I was reading through the FAQ under Suggestions, and found #7 Upgrade the graphics! They're too old!

From what is said in the answer, money is the main issue with say, working on a new engine (which is needed to really improve Istaria, that is clear).

For the devs to check out, I would like to provide this http://www.heroengine.com/.

As mentioned in the FAQ answer #7, this idea would be best for an Istaria 2.

Just wanted to throw this out there as an option to consider for the devs. It does not mean I would totally change the game into something else, just bring it up to current times and be rid of the current engines limitations.

Anyways, have a look. See what ya think and ponder the idea within the dev team.
    Its a great engine, to be sure (I actually worked on Hero's Journey for 1 year), but unfortunately it would require a complete rewrite of both client and server game logic. But, it is a very powerful and neat engine.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: just throwing this out there for the devs

Its a great engine, to be sure (I actually worked on Hero's Journey for 1 year), but unfortunately it would require a complete rewrite of both client and server game logic. But, it is a very powerful and neat engine.
    Yeah that is why I thought it might work for an Istaria 2 if that were to ever happen.

Years ago I was accepted as a gamemaster level builder for Hero´s Journey. Never figured out why, but I could not download the editor (heroengine..). I think my ISP nurfed my connection, probably because of my roomates dang torrents. Although it was never released, I wish I had gotten the chance to work on that game. It looked good.

Small world eh?
    Last edited by Cormyr; June 29th, 2013 at 12:29 AM. Reason: correction

Thread Information