Thread: Guild Plots and Subscriptions

Question Guild Plots and Subscriptions

Hi, i am currently playing on a 'free forever' one human char, no plot account.

My GM suggests buying one of the empty guild plots which are available for me (i checked and yes i can buy for 1s), but i am concerned that if i do, the account will automatically change from 'free forever' to a subscription account. My GM seemed to think it might not.

can anyone confirm either way that the purchase of a guild plot will or wont change the account to a subscription required.

thanks in advance for info on this
    Xavian

Default Re: Guild Plots and Subscriptions

You will not be able to purchase the plot on an account without a Property Holder subscription.

Please review the terms of the account type you have chosen here:
    http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/subscriptions

thx for your speedy response... and that was the basis for my reasoning that i cannot buy a plot.

however, both creating additional (non-human) chars and buying a plot are 'possible' on the account - i just assume that 2-weeks after creating an additional char / buying a plot - the account would require a subscription if i wished to continue

While it is correct that you can create additional characters, and non-human characters, on an account with Free to Play access, you can not purchase a plot. This was done on purpose to allow customers to quickly and easily upgrade when they want to make new characters/non-humans without getting some sort of "failure" message. At that point your account is automatically converted to one with a short trial subscription on it, and a notification email is sent out.

If your account only has "Free to Play" access on it, you will receive a message when you attempt to purchase a plot that says you already own all the plots you are allowed to (which in this case is 0).

Thread Information