Thread: Missing Map Names & Portal Name Issues

Default Missing Map Names & Portal Name Issues

The settlement of Sylkar (Between Myrkar and Sak'tal there exists two lairs owned by "-Sylkar-" if not bought.) has no name on the map.
    Niether do the two isles next to Retha Isle. (I recall Lavera for the bigger and i forgot the smaller...)

Aubadrine appears as a settlement on the map, i'm pretty sure it needs settlers first and should be a POI or Geographical Area instead.
    Pangai is also shown as a settlement on the map, it is a guild area so should be a community instead. (likewise, does not show up as a community ((guild)) either.)
    Similarly, Kir'Drakul shows as a settlement and not a community.

The seperate map for Drakul is inconsistant with the Istaria map for drakul; the community of Kir'Drakul has no lairs on the seperate map whereas it does indeed have lairs on the main map/and actual lairs too.

While i'm on the topic of names, Bristugo is a city (shows in the city portal in bristgo/genevia, and on map as a city) yet in portals has the name "Bristugo" as opposed to "City: Bristugo"
    Kir'ignat is shown as "Guild: Kir'ignat" and not "Settlement: Kir'Ignat" (as it is not a guild community)

Default Re: Missing Map Names & Portal Name Issues

I assume you are using the map pack - please report bugs for it into the map pack thread as it's not related to game bugs. Things will be updated with next release, thanks for the info.

With the actual map pack the lairs already got added to drakul seperate map, the link to map pack is in my signature.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Nope Terao. I don't use the map pack, never have, never will.
    These are bugs on the genuine istaria map. :P

The seperate map for Drakul is inconsistant with the Istaria map for drakul; the community of Kir'Drakul has no lairs on the seperate map whereas it does indeed have lairs on the main map/and actual lairs too.
    The genuine istaria map doesn't have any lairs or plot markers on the map.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    The genuine istaria map doesn't have any lairs or plot markers on the map.
    Yes. I am not talking about markers though.
    When i say Drakul's seperate map doens't show lairs, i mean, the black square graphics that show lairs. They aren't using the same graphic to cover the map on the seperate to the grand map of istaria.

The in-game map is woefully out of date, last time it was accurate was before Daknor/Fafnir invaded...

With the recent redesign of ED and Reklars area (Why did you guys have to remove the fortress in ed, that place was neat), larger and larger portions of the map are wrong.

Can we get the ingame map re-made? It was a simple process I think Frid did in the past.

I can't speak for Terao or Pharaxes who did most of the side maps. But there's been a lot of lakes, ponds and rivers added to the main map (some I did, some Terao did). I certainly would not have any objection if you guys used the current map pack map as a beginning template should you wish to endeavor and make an update for the game maps. In fact, what about just incorporating the entire map pack (minus the predefined locations)?

Perhaps Terao and Pharaxes could post a note here if they would mind for you to use their maps too. Dalimond in particular. That is the #1 map that should be added at minimum. Would save you guys a lot of work and provide a better game experience for the users. Most of the misc stuff has already been done. The current full sized Istaria map (mappack) image, always has and always will be at this link: http://istariareference.com/maptest.asp - Feel free to use it devs The individual tiles can be grabbed from the latest copy of map pack. Id you guys don't have anyone currently that can tackle this task, maybe send a pm to Terao and Pharaxes, perhaps they'd volunteer their services. None the less, I'm at your disposal.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; November 23rd, 2013 at 11:31 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Back in the days there was a tool to generate new map graphics from the world cache data, the link is somewhere in the forums, but this is not working anymore since 2006 or so.

Getting the graphics out of the world cache by hand is a lot of work as these are some thousands tiles, each 128x128 pixels large. This is how I made the map for the Fiery Rift or Pharaxes the map for Dralnok's Doom, by puzzling together these pieces by hand, and that's the reason why those graphics are looking "flat", there is no high map altered to the graphics (so called bump map). A tool is needed to do this, puzzling the tiles together, and getting a bump map and the water regions out of the world cache.

If someone is interested in doing a tool for map generation, I've some information about the world cache to get you started.

If Virtrium likes to use some of the maps we have in the map pack, feel free to do so, the graphics are yours and falling under your copyright

I did post something in the Map Pack 3.7 thread about how to easily piece together the world cache files. Look for the "Click here for code" link in that post. Save that code as something.htm and put this .htm file inside the world cache folder, then double click that .htm file. Now take a screenshot of that, and cut it out. Until someone figures out a better way to do this, it should make the process less painful in the mean time
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Should have these names resolved for the next update.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information