Thread: Gerrymandered Vault

Default Gerrymandered Vault

After logging in for the first time in over a year to do something other than check my plot, I noticed that somehow one of the plots surrounding the six portal gates near Dalimond has been "stretched" to allow a vault to be built.

Did EI do this as a "special favor" to someone. Kind of reeks of some sort of favoritism, and I think it needs to be addressed at some point. It makes the plot worth far more than it should be, and am wondering it was Anderfraud's own little piece of heaven, or one of his cronies.

Anyone know the history behind this? IMHO it should be removed.
    Last edited by Landowyn; August 25th, 2007 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Default Re: Gerrymandered Vault

On Unity the plot right beside the portals in Bristugo has had a vault on it for a very long time. I have no idea if this is the same plot you are referring to. Maybe someone from Unity who has a good collection of screenshots will have a picture to demonstrate the plot I am talking about.

No this was done a long time ago, i forget exactly when but its noting new.

Gegis, Dranslin, Anvault, Kanmiel (Order)

Isn't this from that stint a few months before the sale to EII when David was going around slowly attempting to expand all the existing (small) plots that he could? He managed to get a few communities done I think.

EI would have trashed the servers should they have attempted to world edit and increase the sizes of plots. David Bowman had placed all but the initial 100 plots in the world, and as time progressed he revisited many of the plots and slightly expanded them if space was available. All of these was done on the internal testing server, Genesis, where no plot ownership or construction status is visible.

You might have noticed that the plots on Genevia Island have expanded greatly since the island was first produced.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Landowyn View Post
    After logging in for the first time in over a year to do something other than check my plot, I noticed that somehow one of the plots surrounding the six portal gates near Dalimond has been "stretched" to allow a vault to be built.

Did EI do this as a "special favor" to someone. Kind of reeks of some sort of favoritism, and I think it needs to be addressed at some point. It makes the plot worth far more than it should be, and am wondering it was Anderfraud's own little piece of heaven, or one of his cronies.

Anyone know the history behind this? IMHO it should be removed.
    *Looks up from busily mapping the housing plots in Vanguard*

Hi Landowyn!

Several of the plots in Bristugo got resized a few weeks to about a month before Horizons got sold last year. So no, EI didn't do it, Tulga did. If my fuzzy memory was correct, Dave Bowman got interrupted by the sale on his redo of that community, so some of the plots did not get resized & the prices didn't get changed.

He also did a lot of plot size changes as well as terriforming of the community, Geneiva, and he added a pad at Forest's Edge, and a face-lift of Mia's Edge. I think he did more, but I haven't played for awhile and the memory is foggy.

Hope the info helps!

*Gets reabsorbed in her Vanguard plot mapping*
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

The vault plot on Unity was in place a lot longer than a month prior to the EI sale. That vault was a well-known feature and I seriously doubt that the plot sizes in Bristugo would differ depending upon which server was being played on.

Someone from Tulga may well have increased the size of a few plots immediately prior to the sale but that doesn't negate the fact that Unity's version of Bristugo had a vault by the landing pad and portals for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    The vault plot on Unity was in place a lot longer than a month prior to the EI sale. That vault was a well-known feature and I seriously doubt that the plot sizes in Bristugo would differ depending upon which server was being played on.

Someone from Tulga may well have increased the size of a few plots immediately prior to the sale but that doesn't negate the fact that Unity's version of Bristugo had a vault by the landing pad and portals for a very long time.
    No one is talking about Unity. I'm talking about Order. The plot this vault is on contained a blacksmith and several silos. It was then resized to allow for the vault. None of the plots in that area were big enough for a vault and other structures when initially conceived. I have no problem with someone building a vault there. This one looks, however, like the plot the stretched to allow the vault. Thought it was a bit suspicious.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks

Personnally, I always been against a vault on a players plot.

Rigth at the beginning each communauty should have got a vault, a small pawn & conny, and one of those basic work center. Of course they should be a communauty build project.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

I agree with Nalrach on this one. In fact, I've always thought it was kind of stupid to have five or six plots in a row all with a blacksmith or woodworking shop (examples only). I've always though they should be community buildable structures and tied to plot ownership in the community.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks

Thread Information