Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Account options

Default New Account options

I read and posted in the new account pricing and structure thread. But, to keep that thread clean and true to the subject I have a few opinions of what I would like to add here.

1) redoing all the empty towns and making the plots bigger. nothing outrageous. Just, start them off at 31x40 and perhaps go up to 75x75. A whole town of 25x25 plots is useless. Them being empty is proof enough eh?

2) make 2 simple changes. One, raise the consignment level up to atleast 15. why? Like many folks have complained before.. If you want to put a whole set of armor up for sale.. that's 13 pieces alone. Enough said on that. It's a no brainer. Two, raise the character per account up to 8. Why? I have kids that like to play. I don't want to play while they are on, I have house work and other RL things to do, but there isn't enough room for them to have their own characters.

3) Make it possible to allow all the characters in one account to access the plot. I think it's silly that it hasn't been allowed. If we can only have one plot per account, then it should be made that all of our characters have access to it.

I would love to own more than 1 plot. I have 2 accounts so I can. I don't feel that allowing 1 account to have 2 plots is the best idea. Why? these rich players will buy up all the good plots and the more casual players would be left with puny plots. The plot situation is bad enough as it is. allowing people even more opportunities to buy up all the good plots wouldn't be a possitive outcome. Go back to my first opinion. Make the plots bigger. You won't need 2 plots per account if you had 1 big one that gave you all the room you needed. Bigger plots will make the landscape look more inhabitted as well. again, restructioning the empty towns full of 25x25 plots , as a no brainer.

thanks,

Default Re: New Account options

Quote Originally Posted by Shirewood View Post
    3) Make it possible to allow all the characters in one account to access the plot. I think it's silly that it hasn't been allowed. If we can only have one plot per account, then it should be made that all of our characters have access to it.
    Excellent Point. I agree 100% and it's logical given the way it's set up for 1 plot per login. Although, yes, there are was to make the plot accessible to others, this would be nice.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Shirewood
    I would love to own more than 1 plot. I have 2 accounts so I can. I don't feel that allowing 1 account to have 2 plots is the best idea. Why? these rich players will buy up all the good plots and the more casual players would be left with puny plots. The plot situation is bad enough as it is. allowing people even more opportunities to buy up all the good plots wouldn't be a possitive outcome. Go back to my first opinion. Make the plots bigger. You won't need 2 plots per account if you had 1 big one that gave you all the room you needed. Bigger plots will make the landscape look more inhabitted as well. again, restructioning the empty towns full of 25x25 plots , as a no brainer.
    Except for one minor flaw in this. There are those of us who want both a dragon lair and a biped plot. That's 2 plots. In my case, both dragon and biped are on the same account, 2 different subscriptions. So, in order for this to work, you're talking about me having to delete out one of my characters, create an entirely new account, and start over with it from scratch. No thanks, I'll pass on that one.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I'm one of those players who have tried over the years to play, but couldn't get past the poorly coded quests, performance issues and all the rest. But I've always wanted this game to succeed. And recent changes look positive enough for me to finally give this game a serious go.

But I've never reached the point of owning a plot. And this stuns me. Ok they limit players to having one plot per account - so everyone gets a chance to own one. I can see some logic in that. But what possible rationale could there be for not allowing all of your characters access to that plot... other than an attempt to force people to pay for multiple accounts.

In most mmos with housing, you can set permissions to allow any other player (your own or not) access to your house. That's fairly standard.

What's the deal with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrakhyn View Post
    I'm one of those players who have tried over the years to play, but couldn't get past the poorly coded quests, performance issues and all the rest. But I've always wanted this game to succeed. And recent changes look positive enough for me to finally give this game a serious go.

But I've never reached the point of owning a plot. And this stuns me. Ok they limit players to having one plot per account - so everyone gets a chance to own one. I can see some logic in that. But what possible rationale could there be for not allowing all of your characters access to that plot... other than an attempt to force people to pay for multiple accounts.

In most mmos with housing, you can set permissions to allow any other player (your own or not) access to your house. That's fairly standard.

What's the deal with this?
    The system is, right now: You can own one plot per account. It has always been this way. That wouldn't change with the new system.

I think the rational behind the new type of account is that they want to raise the price of the game to 15 dollars/month. They looked at that number and they said to themselves "hmmm, that is quite a bit of money. Maybe we can offer a basic, non-fully feature account for less money. But what part of gameplay can we realistically take away that IS NOT part of the core gameplay?"

The answer that they came up with is Plots. They are not part of the core game, and they are already linked to the accounts server (when you buy a plot the server checks how many subscriptions you have to see if you are eligible to buy one), so hardly any new coding would be required.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    The system is, right now: You can own one plot per account. It has always been this way. That wouldn't change with the new system.
    You seem to have misread my post. My question had nothing to do with the new arrangements but with the status quo.

I can understand why they limit each account to owning a single plot - but why not allow all characters on that account access to that plot?

And I have to disagree with you on plots not being a core part of the game.

Outdated graphics, less than fantastic performance, godawful quests which in many cases give no direction at all and can't be completed without one of the third party map plugins... But you can play dragons and the building side of things is cool, especially building new towns etc.

Totally core. Core to the max even!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrakhyn View Post

Outdated graphics, less than fantastic performance, godawful quests which in many cases give no direction at all and can't be completed without one of the third party map plugins... But you can play dragons and the building side of things is cool, especially building new towns etc.

Totally core. Core to the max even!

yup. HZ has nothing on other games say for two aspects

Dragons... but more so lairs and plots. Without the building aspect of the game HZ would have died even with playable dragons a long time ago.

Vitrium really needs to capitilize on the building aspect of the game. Shirewood had a good idea with the 25 X 25 plots.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd also like to see a new Shard set up with options to transfer existing characters (including from Unity) .. any plots/lairs deconstructed with 100% novians attuned to the character.. (or, and I like this less, the cash value given to the character instead).

I'd like my character, but I'm not attached to my property despite spending a long time building it up. The fun was in the building, not the having.

I want to recreate a world that's not tainted by our own history.
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

See, the thing that gets me, people say their characters do not all have access to the same plot. Why not? if you go to your plot marker and double click on it, look at the tabs in the window. The last one is Permissions. This allows you to set who can and can't access the plot. You have four options: Deny All, Guild Only, Allow All, and Friends List. All four options work. Put your other characters in your friends list on the plot permission. You can do this in two ways. First, click on the Friends List button and you will get a popup for entering a name as well as one with the complete list. Enter each name individuallly. OR, if you like being fast about it and already use this, drag over a folder from your own friends list (I believe it's default letter p for that window) to the plot friends list window. It will add all the names from that folder. That sets your list up. Close the popup windows and submit. Your plot permission is set. THEN, you have the option of setting up permissions by structure as they are completed. Back on the Plot Info tab, you have a listing called Completed Structures. Highlight a structure and you will see to the right three option buttons for that structure's permission: Deny All, Guild Only and Allow All. Now, assuming you like all the people you just put into your plot permission friends list, most structures would be set for allow all. For personal housing, you might wish to cut that down to Guild Only. Unfortunately, setting the structure to Deny All does lock down that structure to only being browsed by the owner of the plot.

Agreed. I was going to ask if this was possible; I guess that's my answer.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Oh, I forgot to mention, only the owning character of the plot ever has the ability to plan the plot, so is that where the problem is coming in? You want every character you have in an accout to plan and replan the same plot? Unless you have a severe multiple personality disorder in which different ones are warring, this really shouldn't be an issue, should it?

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Except for one minor flaw in this. There are those of us who want both a dragon lair and a biped plot. That's 2 plots. In my case, both dragon and biped are on the same account, 2 different subscriptions. So, in order for this to work, you're talking about me having to delete out one of my characters, create an entirely new account, and start over with it from scratch. No thanks, I'll pass on that one.

Excellent point C`gan. 1 plot & 1 lair per account?

nothing is as simple as one thinks eh?

What I would want on my plot is: plot itself: open to all, everyone that passes. Workshops and one or more stores: open to all, everyone.
    Storage: per individual building set to who has access. Part of storage would be for me and a list of friends; another part would be for me and my alts only. And a few silo's would be for everyone to use.

So would this be able to be done with the current choices? As I understand it to work, it would nót be possible.

As it is now, I think: you have to close your plot and workshops to all excépt your friends, to be able to then further differentiate between 'all' (being in THIS case just your friends, not áll all...) and private.

I hope I misunderstand this (I'm from Unity, might miss out on NA-changes that didn't come through to Unity; and besides it's now long ago for me that I could play); but is the top one possible, or is it indeed the (undesired, because locking off the plot/workplaces for 'all players') latter way this works? If it is the latter, the conclusion is that you can nót share your plot with your alts... unléss you close off the whole plot for all others. Which means for me: I will not be able to share my plot with my alts (because I feel closing off the whole plot/workshops for all others is not a nice thing to do). So... hope I am wrong in understanding that this is the way it works now ?

I'm just saying let those of us who want them have the multiple subscriptions that we had before the EI billing. No need to make it difficult. I want to pay for two subscriptions so Tagath keeps his lair and I keep my plot without having to delete 4 characters and start over from scratch creating a new account, raising all the coin necessary, and rebuilding.

In addition to allowing all chars on an account access to plot structures I think it would be nice if a guild owns one of the guild towns that all guld members have basic access to the plot and permissions only need to be changed for the structures. I would also like to be able to set plot and structures to guild and be able to add some friends to permission.

C`gan, some people like to be a bit lazy about it. If I create a new character, I want that character to have access to all my stuff, without having to log in an old character and change plot settings. That would be the preferred method in my book. However, I have no problems going into plot settings and fixing that.

On the other hand, I have an idea about WHY it isn't that way. You can add sub-accounts to your account with a username/password. Do those characters count as being on YOUR account, or do they belong somewhere else?

Eventually, I'd like to see a general overhaul on plot permissions. The ones we have right now are too clunky for my liking. I have friends outside my guild that I'd like to give access to part of my lair for, have part of my lair be guild only, and have a couple of rooms just for me and my alts. Oh, and maybe have a few silos open to community. I can't do that right now.

I was always under the impression than the individual permissions for parts of a lair or plot weren't working. However, I logged in after a couple weeks to find that while my lair was open to the public, all the permissions to every single finished piece of the lair were set to "deny all" and the only reason I noticed it was because my husband's biped could not access my lair at all. However, his dragon can.

Is there some sort of a ban on bipeds accessing lairs right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrentennimara View Post
    I was always under the impression than the individual permissions for parts of a lair or plot weren't working. However, I logged in after a couple weeks to find that while my lair was open to the public, all the permissions to every single finished piece of the lair were set to "deny all" and the only reason I noticed it was because my husband's biped could not access my lair at all. However, his dragon can.

Is there some sort of a ban on bipeds accessing lairs right now?
    There's no ban, my cat can access Zur's lair just fine. Dunno why one of your husband's characters could access it, but the other one couldn't. Have you tried resetting the permissions?

Yeah, I did it the same day, had him log out and back in and....nada. I figured it was a bug, then I noticed a large red wall surrounding Drakul too. I just found it weird that his dragon has full access to the lair, but his biped doesn't. But I will deal with those issues after some of the stress wears off the devs.

It took me almost an hour to reset all those permissions by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    See, the thing that gets me, people say their characters do not all have access to the same plot. Why not? if you go to your plot marker and double click on it, look at the tabs in the window. The last one is Permissions. This allows you to set who can and can't access the plot.
    Thanks for clearing that up C'gan. I was a bit stunned when someone said your other characters couldn't access the plot. I'd assumed (because it's pretty standard) the setup you've described.

I'm very, very relieved

Thread Information