Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Auctions

Default Re: Auctions

not neccessarily.. some of the plots are so glitched they're at negative timeframes after they end.. those probably won't deduct.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Actually, they do deduct from everything I've seen and heard.

However, just to be sure I'm going through each community in the order it was supposed to end so that actual resolution of auctions is completed in the community in the order we posted it was.... just on an ever increasing delay time wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    not neccessarily.. some of the plots are so glitched they're at negative timeframes after they end.. those probably won't deduct.
    I don’t know if that can be said categorically. I won my bid and coin was deducted but ownership didn’t initially transfer. It continued to go into a “negative timeframe� for 10 hours with the former owner listed. Now that has been fixed (thanks for that) but I am still having some permissions issues.

Scraggy, I suggest you check play.istaria.com to see if the plot is listed as owned by you there. Mine showed up there right away but not on the plot or my character window …

I have to add that I don’t envy the job of the devs but I do appreciate the effort they are making to fix things on what seems to be almost an individual basis as quickly as possible. I know the still existing permissions problems will be worked as soon as time permits. I figure I’ve waited many weeks for this and I don’t mind waiting a few more hours or even days until they’ve sorting things out properly. Kudos to the devs!

Dot

Thanks Skaladar. That's appreciated. Because yes, getting the auctions resolved at this point is on a community by community basis. I'm going to each one (on both servers) and ending auctions that didn't end. (Note I tried to be on both servers at once doing this, and both my brain AND my computer went "Zzzzzt.. crash" at one point, so now I'm doing the servers one at a time.)

The short term solution for the permissions issue is, I believe, a server restart. But it doesn't make good time sense to restart them now (mid way through auctions) to fix permissions when we know there are more coming. Believe me, everyone on the development team wishes we had a long term solution (aka fix) for why the permissions/structure list isn't working, but as of right this moment, we don't.

Wish I had better news, hoping no one shoots the messenger, as it were.

Long as the proverbial restart is in the near (as in prior to weekend) future, that would be groovy

Course we don't shoot messengers around here.. we kick them into the pit of death, hehe.

I do not promise that the restart will before the weekend.

Well.. on my part, I was up all night watching for my plots so I'm strung out right now, haha... caffeine rush will end soon and I'll be in a coma anyway.

We know you'll figure it out, V.

You always do.

btw my plot is now fully in my name. So thank you for your fast work. I'm sorry I was a little concerned about it earlier but when data in a game goes "missing" I tend to get a little worried. Thank you for getting it working quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaladar View Post
    Scraggy, I suggest you check play.istaria.com to see if the plot is listed as owned by you there. Mine showed up there right away but not on the plot or my character window …

Dot
    I checked play.istaria.com and I don't own any plots, but since I bid on two properties (1 lair and 1 plot) and I was only bidder on the plot, that doesn't make sense.
    The community in question (Morning Light) is at minus 6 hours and some, and it seems as if only 1 plot in ML has been resolved so far.

Guess I'll have to log in every couple of hours and check status. Too bad, I was hoping to buy something else quickly if I didn't win this one

The lair I purchased in Genevia has some issues.. everything says nothing can be done because "that would break connectivity". It almost looks like two of the T3 silos sunk a level.. I can see them on the planning screen just hanging out a level below the doors they were connected to before.

Hopefully this falls within the realm of "fixed with a restart", hehe.

The 1st lair I got, it wasn't passed to me straight away and they fixed it pretty quickly. However, there was 1 building I couldn't delete properly. Took a cache reload to finally delete it so I could continue deleting the rest of the lair... but that 1 building still shows on the list, it can't be seen on the planning menu however. Very weird! Ironically the lair seems to be working really well for planning apart from that 1 glitch.

2nd lair I'm still waiting for the transfer.

Tried the cache clear and everything.. I can see if it I stick my head into the wall, it's there, just one floor down.. I can access it through the wall, but I can't decon it to fix it.. really odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggy View Post
    I checked play.istaria.com and I don't own any plots, but since I bid on two properties (1 lair and 1 plot) and I was only bidder on the plot, that doesn't make sense.
    The community in question (Morning Light) is at minus 6 hours and some, and it seems as if only 1 plot in ML has been resolved so far.

Guess I'll have to log in every couple of hours and check status. Too bad, I was hoping to buy something else quickly if I didn't win this one
    if its on a negative countdown it means sombody won it scraggy.
    and if you won, after a relog it should (in my case) show up in the character screen untill clicking on it. then the character screen switches to No Plot...

morning light (on chaos at least) is being auctioned right now.

Smaug

If you're the sole bidder you can withdraw your bid just before the auction closes and buy it from the community so you don't have to wait for it to be awarded. I just did that and it transferred to me right away... although without any completed structures of course.

I bought a guild sub plot and it says I own it but it was previously owned by someone who covered it with unfinished buildings. After I bought it, the scaffolds stayed there and they do not show anywhere now for me to delete them either. And if I try to put up a new house or anything I can't because it interferes with what's there....

I hope no one minds me stepping in on their thread...

Here is a status update as I know things:
    I believe I've caught up with the posted schedule for auctions on Chaos. What this means (I hope) is that from Lower Bridgeview forward auctions will return to ending automatically through the night.

I believe auctions on Order never completely stopped the way they did on Chaos. What this means is that there may be some communities were a plot is still appearing as "Auction" but the auction has officially ended.

We know that the majority of the world is "plot bugged" (for lack of a prettier way of saying it) right now. We will do a shard restart on both shards sometime tomorrow, is the current plan, that will hopefully resolve this problem.

What would be helpful to us is if you have a plot that you should have won on either shard that is still showing up as "Auction", please list the shard and community here. I will spot check Order for those communities that I know "bugged" on Chaos, but it will save a great deal of time if I don't have to visit every single one as I did today on Chaos.

Thank you to everyone for your patience through this.

A more formal announcement with some notice of what time we plan to do the restart will appear tomorrow. But please feel free to spread the word in game tonight that a restart is planned (emphasis on IS PLANNED) for tomorrow sometime. We will try to give as much warning as possible, but also don't want to delay getting everyone their weekend plot revamping in.

-Velea

Thanks for the info Lady V. I haven't seen any plots still listed as 'For Auction' in any of the communities I've visited on Order throughout the day. In fact everywhere I visited seemed to be listing properly with the exception of Selen (naturally, my community) ... We still have 5 plots listed as 'Condemned' and I haven't seen that anywhere else. `Just thought it worth mentioning ... Of course I didn't visit every community.

Thanks again for all the hard work you're doing and I hope, for everyone’s sake, that the server restart resolves the majority of the other issues ...

Dot

Talking Re: Auctions

The Lair in -Talfak- on Chaos is still up for auction
    (but my dragon Celestril won it for 20g odd)

Position 22520 29200, PlotID 445355, CommID 75318

At least 4/5 plots (actualy: 3 plots and 1 lair; probably even 4 plots and 1 lair) in Forest Guard on Order are still showing in auction (so they are not being transfered to the buyers/winners). Been like this for something like 15 hours by now. Another plot does have the winner (Gwenmar) listed as owner, but there is still a white flag up and the plot is clearly bugged. The lair is the one along the road near the pad; the plots are the group of 3 just above the portal, plus one in the back corner (righthand-backside when on pad facing forestguard, former owner still listed = Borinn), plus probably (not sure) the plot furthest left in the front (on the roadside).
    Last edited by Galilee; October 17th, 2008 at 02:32 AM.

Thread Information